• In the Spotlight:

MY 7TH MONTH OLD IS TEETHING WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP HIM WITH THE PAIN?

I WANT TO TRY SOMETHING ELSE BESIDES MEDICINE.

MRS.KG85

Asked by MRS.KG85 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething Tablets by hyland, cold or frozen washcloth, oragel. But really baby motrin was the only thing that worked for us.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My child is 5 month old, i know you said that you don't want medicine, but walmart has all natural teething tablets in drug isle next to the pain relief stuff, i've tried them myself and they work, there organic. Also a teething ring yeah my kid won't hold on to the darn thing so that is a waist of my time but might work for you, there are also teething toys, my son's favorite is by first years it's a star that when he bites down it vibrates and soothes him in some way.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I know many people are gonna have something to say about this but...if you dip the tip of your finger in whisky and rub it on the baby's gums the pain will go away....i'm not suggesting that you do this but my mom did this for all of her kids and it seemed to have worked.

colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• unless he is fussy from the pain, do nothing. If he is just drooling, biting down, hands in mouth n u know he's teething..he is fine. Medicate the least as possible.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I used hylands teething tabs and they worked good. you can also use an electric toothbrush or regular toothbrush and massage the gums. It softens the tissue. My daughter would never take any of the cold stuff.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:06 AM on Aug. 28, 2009