Craigslist ?

Who here uses craigslist...di you ever have a bad experiance with it?

I started using it like a month ago...tomorrow i have a girl coming to buy my daughters crib...she just seems kind of off...i dont know maybe im just nervous about a stranger coming to my house....but yeah..hopefully it all goes well !

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 11:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i use it! i haven't had any bad experiences really. a weird one where the woman picking up my daughters old elmo decor told me that her and her son had been sick (into detail on the sickness) the day before which is why she didn't show up. as she is telling me this her son is walking around touching EVERYTHING in my house and this was only about a month ago when my baby was 2 months. so i ran around with lysol for the next 4 hours. otherwise, everything i've gotten or sold has been great. i find more luck buying stuff than i do selling though. and i love freecycle too
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• yeah, i plan on buying off of it too..just havent found anything yet lol...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i have bought serval items from craig list but if you are a single parent i would not let a guy come to my house.some of them is ok
    sexylady35

Answer by sexylady35 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i usually meet people in a parkinglot never at my house.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 11:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I use craigslist all the time. I make it a rule to never go into someone's residence or have them come to mine....just takes one time for something to go terribly wrong. I try to set up for a meeting in public locations. If it's a male, I usually have hubby meet the person. Sounds like you already set it up for the person to go to your home. If I were you I'd take the crib outside the house someplace like the garage. I'd also have someone else with me.
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 11:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I agree, have someone else there...a lot of weird people out there...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I use it all the time. But I will not go to anyones house or meet them alone. I have heard to many horror stories on TV. I would seriously have someone with you when this lady comes tomorrow. Im sure everything will be fine though. i never had any bad experiences.
    JustPlainOlMOM

Answer by JustPlainOlMOM at 12:06 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• i've gotten rid of some free stuff and one time husband bought something for me and seller met him at front door. i wouldnt do it if lived alone you can meet somewhere where there are parking lot cameras like walmart,target,or a bank parking lot so any criminal activity would be caught on tape
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 12:11 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• we have used craigslist before, both to buy and sell. we live on a military installation so if they can't get on base, tough cookie. we only sell to other military families. it cuts down on the safety worry. I also live right across the street from where some MP's are posted 24/7 and they would be there in about 30 seconds if i needed them. also, never be alone when they show up to pick up whatever it is you are selling
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• We had a bad experience when trying to sell our washer & dryer. A couple of scam artists sent us $3,000 checks in the mail, told us to deposit it into our bank account, $150 would pay our asking price, we would use some of it to ship them to them, and the rest was ours for our troubles.
    We're not stupid - we called the banks on these checks, gave them the account numbers, and found that they were bogus accounts.
    We tore them up and threw them away. We could not report them to the authorities because they sent the checks via overnight carrier instead of through the US Postal system.

When you have someone come to your home - have someone else there with you!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2009