What are you thoughts/opinions on kid leashes?

jmetz4

Asked by jmetz4 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think in rare cases of behavior disorder it may be necessary, or at least something similar to a lease. But other than that, I think it's pretty ridiculous. I prefer off lease training of children.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:11 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• honestly, i feel bad for the kids
    i understand like at an amusement park like disney land or something with a bunch of children and adults around to where itd make keeping track of your child more difficult but I used to work in a novelty store for Peanuts Items, charlie brown, snoopy, lucy etc.

well this one couple would always have their kid on a leash, he looked sad all the time, they would just yank him around and he had no freedom, not even to look at the toys he was interested, because most displays are at the kids eye level, so his parents werent interested in bending down so he would get yanked away from them....it was sad and then he started rebelling and pulling his leash and being "bad" but then they took it off one day and he was fine...lol he just wanted to be like every other kid who got to look and play with the toys.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtMRddAIHx0

Just don't do this and you're ok in my book.

ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I think they're a great safety tool as long as they are used properly and for the appropriate purpose.

I will never look down upon a parent who is taking an additional precaution to ensure the safety of their child.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Oh my God Gigi . . . that is AWFUL. That was around the kid's neck!!! I hope she got in trouble for that!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I use a harness/leash when I feel it is necessary. Like some days when I take my son out he's good and will hold my hand or stay in a cart. But other days when he is feisty, he pulls away really quick and takes off. So for his safety, yes, I am perfectly fine with using his harness. You have to do what you feel is best for your kid and not worry about other people's opinions. What would they say if the kid gets out of his parent's grasp, runs in the street, and gets hit by a car? Oh and I don't ever "yank" him. That's just not cool.
    isamari

Answer by isamari at 12:21 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It always makes me think of a dog, honestly. But I guess it would be good to use for safety in an extremely crowded and hectic environment, ie in Disneyland.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Wow so I checked out the Youtube video. APPALLING! And the comments underdeath, how could some people find that funny?! Thats child abuse!
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• She got in trouble alright!
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• leashes are for dogs
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2009