my son will be a week old friday (tomorrow). my boyfriend wants to take him to a football game saturday. please explain why it wouldnt be safe

My son was born with Jaundice. I know sunlight would be good for his skin but not too much. He's only a week

tremother23

Asked by tremother23 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Viruses, too many germs, breezy weather. All not good for a 1 week old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• To many people to many germs keep the baby home
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 12:17 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It's too freakin' loud. There are too many people. i would never take my newborn into an enviroment like that.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• umm no.... is he nuts? too many germs and too many people.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I would be concerned about the noise, rowdy fans, too much sun...
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If it is a pro game there are always fights.. beers flying..people screaming with every play.. there is a district justice there to set bails because of so many fights. I wouldn't take my kid there until they were wayyyyy older.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• No infant should be out around the public at one week old for many reasons!
    People and children carry tons of germs that a new born should not be exposed to.
    Infants are to little to be exposed to the sun for that long... even with jaundice.
    It's to LOUD for a infant at a football game, people can get crazy and it's not very safe for a baby.
    Who would even think about taking a new born baby to a football game? sorry...but that's just not smart parenting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• among all the other answers I would add that bleachers are a hazard.Iguess for any age but carrying a newbrn especially.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• THat's WAY too young to take anywhere let a lone a football game....please don't let him..
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:02 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• DUH...no way would I do that. I didnt keep my son locked up when he was born either. We went to the grocery store, out to eat all right around a week old but I would be concerned about:
    1. the NOISE!...way too loud for brand new ears
    2. The heat
    3. People around you acting wild
    4. Germs

....my son is 13 months and we still dont take him to the hometown race track here when we go because it is just not safe and he would not have a good time.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:03 AM on Aug. 28, 2009