How did you quit smoking?

Do you have an suggestions to help a mama quit?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Health

• I can only say that unless you truly WANT to quit for yourself and noone else, that most likely you will never be successful. If you do than good luck to you mama!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I quit cold turkey. ...But i chew gum now after almost every meal. Trident. It's good for my teeth.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I never had to quit because I never started. However, my dad quit cold turkey. I think he just made up his mind and did it. Try and find a good motivation to remind you of your reason for quitting. I also heard that those nicotine patches are supposed to work pretty well. One last thought, if at first you don't succeed try, try again. I think I once heard that each cigarette reduces your life expectancy by something like 5 minutes...just think each less cigarette is 5 minutes more you get to spend with loved ones or 5 minutes more on CM...lol.  Good luck in your efforts.

momsc

Answer by momsc at 12:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I quit over 10 years ago and basically replaced cigarettes with nicotine gum. Was addicted to the gum up until I got pregnant with my son (who is now 3). I quit chewing the gum cold turkey as soon as I found out I was pregnant. Now I'm just addicted to regular old citrus flavored Trident.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 9:10 AM on Aug. 28, 2009