How many dates have you been on since your baby was born?

We have gone on 3 dates this year. I am curious, have you gone on more? How?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Without baby? not one! I could never trust anyone with my son for that long, and I never will! It is not worth it to me.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• 3 dates. He turns two in October.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Well I dont know if you mean with SO but I am single...have a 5 month old...am in school, and have limited babysitters...so this equation is equal to 0 dates. hahaha.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 1:10 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• oh but i did go out once for a bday celebration. I was tired after 3 hours and 2 drinks later, went home about 3 hours earlier than pre-pregnancy-pre-baby, and I missed my son the entire time so i was eager to get home and content to wake up to him the next day. Have not been out on the town since!
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 1:11 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• We go out 2-4 times a month, sometimes even more....even if its nothing huge. Our date today was sitting a Pizza Hut for an hour for dinner!
    croneasm

Answer by croneasm at 1:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• hubbs and I havent been on a date in years without one or both of the kids
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:59 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Wow - my dh and I go out like twice a month at least. Both my parents and my inlaws are in town, so they are more than willing to babysit. If I didn't work on Friday nights, we'd probably go out more.

Answer by missanc at 8:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Let's see...I've been a mom for 9 years now. In the first 3 years we went out like 3 times a year. All of those times we were visiting family and they watched the kids so we could go see a movie or have dinner alone.
    In 2004 I took my husband to the movies for his birthday in June and then went to Maine on vacation for a week while his parents watched the kids both times.
    Since then we have been on 1 date. That was in January this year. We went to dinner and a movie for our 9th anniversary. That's it. Just one date in the last 5 years. We've gone out without the kids 3 other times in that time, all in the last 9 months and all to go grocery/Christmas shopping.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:30 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• we go out at least 1 time a month depending on his work schedule b/c my son is gone every Friday night so that helps out a lot but now we have #2 on the way so we'll see how the goes LOL
    Ejsmommi

Answer by Ejsmommi at 9:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• We try to go out alone at least on the major days (birthdays, anniversary), but it doesn't always happen, so maybe 2-3 times a year.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:03 AM on Aug. 28, 2009