is sams club and costco really worth buying in bulk..in your family 4 people and under .. wouldnt walmart be better for the smaller family.. i dunno?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends on how your family eats.
    Mine eats like there is a football team here LOL
    Walmart is better if you just cook normal smalll meals .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I just asked my brothers GF this today! She works at Costco and I asked her if it really was worth it and she said if you have a family of 4 or more or are having a party then it is totally worth it. So I guess it's not worth it for me since it is just my son and I.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:46 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My husband is big into body building so he eats a lot of protiens like chicken, steak, and turkey so It helps so much to get it there! Also we go threw a lot of toilet paper and diapers. So for that stuff it helped. Its also nice for holidays.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 12:46 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• for dry goods that take awhile to expire its good for us, theres 4 ones an infant. and for certain things like cheese or snacks its worth it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:53 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It is just me, my husband and our one year old son. most shopping I do elsewhere but here is how I benefit from Costco:
    Milk (you basically get two for the price of one and their brand is RbST free)
    Cheese
    Eggs
    Fruit and Vegetables (esp. bananas, blueberries, strawberries, and apples)
    Bread (I freeze what I dont use right away)
    Meat (they have awesome meat and I take it home, repackage it into smaller portions and then freeze it...except for the amazing pack of chicken breasts they have already packaged for freezing in 2-3 breasts at a time.)
    plus things like frozen raviollis and meatballs which last forever and are good for a variety of meals.
    TOILET PAPER
    butter

jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:54 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It all depends. Some things are amazing deals and others are cheaper to buy at the store on sale/with a coupon. Diapers are one of those items...it's cheaper to stock up at the store when they're on sale or when you have coupons than to buy them in bulk at Sam's or Costco.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It can be worth it but you have to be savvy. First off if you family isn't really that big yet get a buddy to split with. My mother and my aunt do this. Toilet paper, milk, snacks even chicken breasts, my mom and my aunt split them up. The bad part about these places is you buy like 10 things and you spend like 100 bucks, so realize its going to take you a bit to have a whole kitchen worth of food. Start off small every week picking up dried or frozen foods. You'll be shocked how fast you'll build your kitchen. Then move on to meats and stuff. Good luck!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 1:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• for food probably not. but things like soap, toilet paper, cleaning items and other personal items. they also have great deals on electronics.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• We are a family of 3 and I LOVE Costco!! We buy coffee, baked goodies, toilet paper, body wash, soda, batteries, and fruit. It all lasts us a really long time and I love the Coke sodas from Mexico.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• you can also think about getting a deep freezer if you do buy food in bulk.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 1:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2009