baby clothes sizes....(if u have an older child born in aug. u may be of help!)

Ladies, I am going through all my dd baby clothes to give away to someone. Her baby was born last week (august 20) weights 6lbs..... so is my thinking right???? ......
I should try & give her:
Newborn & 0-3mo SUMMER clothes
3-6mo WINTER clothes
6-9mo SUMMER clothes
----Im in Texas so our winters are End of Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb....Nice weather is: Feb/March/April..... HOT is: May/June/July/Aug/Sept----

Im trying to be pretty close because If it wont be in season for her baby I would like to put it on freecycle for others who need it for the correct season..

Thanks for the help ladies!! :-)

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 12:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Depends on how fast she grows. She might still need fall stuff at 6-9 mos. I think anything you give her will be helpful and just ask her to pass along whatever she doesnt use to another mom in need or give it back to you so you can pass it on. Dont fret too much over it, just give her what you feel will work. Its great that youre being so generous.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I would say since the baby is small she would need more clothing....my son is always in a onsie but he was born in april...today it was cooler so i had him in long sleeves and pants.......a small baby woudl get chilly quicker and my son was born at 8 pounds...and is now 18 at 5 months ....he still fits in 3-6 month clothes though so this is my estimate bc its diff for every baby , they all grow diff. some will shoot up when you would not even think.
    So i would say to give her 0-3 month FALL ....3-6 WINTER
    6-9 MONTH would still be in between so a mix of spring/summer.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 1:08 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• No way to know, really. My daughter was small and now at 2 years still wears one year pants. My friends child was born tiny too, but he caught up fast and is in a bigger size than his age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• We did this system when all of my friends and I ended up pregnant at the same times. We would just pass on the box of baby clothes that were still in good shape to the next in line. Then somehow or another I ended up with it after all the babies outgrew them. There were some maternity clothes in there, and a sling and some blankets and things like that as well. Then when my sister in law got pregnant, she got the box. Then I got pregnant right after her son was born, so I got the box back. Then she got pregnant again and she got it. Then my sister got pregnant, and she got the box. Now it is somewhere floating around with her friends. Give her everything you think she could use with the stipulation that she pass them along, as well as anything that she acquired that she feels like she could hand down.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• There's no way to know how fast the baby is going to grow. Mine all started out about the same and at 6 months two were wearing 12 month clothes but the other was in 18 month clothes! (for roundness, not length! LOL)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Next summer he would be almost a year. I would buy 24 months or at the very least size 18 months for next summer. You can't really tell though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Thanks ladies..Spend practically 12 hrs dividing all the clothes up for my bil neice, moms friends at work & free cycle & also kept some special outfits for us.. Everyone got about 4 boxes of all sizes & seasons I think ... lol.. my family thinks im crazy cause im anal.. but i cant help it!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2009