Has anyone given their babies Gripe water? If so. .

Has anyone given their babies gripe water? I have but she hates it and i cant get all of it down her before she spits it out. . What are some suggstions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does she really need it?? I never have used it, but know people who have...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:05 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I have given it to my little one but its been a while....I give her tylenol more often then gripe water (if you arent sure if its pain then try 1/2 a dose) or use gas drops or orajel depending on the problem. I ended up using the gripe water for my tummy bloated troubles and it worked.....the Bliss Water even has an adult dosage on the back.
    croneasm

Answer by croneasm at 1:10 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• sorry im lost. what the heck is gripe water?
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 1:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I gave it to my son when he was a couple months old and was screaming like crazy and I could not get him to stop. The instant I gave it to him he feel asleep and slept a long time.
    JenBrainard

Answer by JenBrainard at 8:46 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Gripe water works awesome for my son. It is natural so I feel better giving it to him than I would tylenol. It calms him within minutes. It comes in a few different flavors and kinds. Maybe you want to try a new brand? I like Baby's Bliss Original Flavor the best and my son had no problem wioth the taste. I have also used Wellements and Colic Calm brands, they both work well too but are more expensive. You can add Baby's Bliss to a bottle but I wouldn't want to waste pumped breast milk if he might reject the bottle. Maybe you could add it to 2-3 oz and see if he'll take it.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Sorry I see now that your LO is a girl. So... see if SHE'll take it. Sorry :(.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009