is it jealousy?

I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 7 month old both boys, and my 3 year old is about to drive me crazy with his brother he just doesn't realize that his brother is fragile and that he is a baby and he is just so rough and want to play with you know his big boy toys with him and he just don't realize that he can hurt him, i just feel like that i am constantly yelling at him about it and i do feel bad he not the type of boy that can go in his room and just play he wont play with his toys just by himself he just wont i don't know i just feel like i am go in crazy i want my 7Th month old to stay a baby and all because hes my last one but yet i want want him to get older so my 31/2 year old will have a play mate, any advice?

Amanda2430

Asked by Amanda2430 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• try to teach him by tending to the babe, the way he should tend to the baby. The delicate approach must show how tedious you are and show how dismayed he would percieve you if anything to hurt his brother was to happen. Perhaps bubble blowing and soft toys would bring them together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• When I got my son Sky back from his father, he was 2 and a half and my second son Gage (that has lived with me from birth) was around 6 months. Sky was not the nicest of them all.. not to get into too much specifications, he was very harmful towards himself and towards his brother. I think some of it is natural jealousy. they are going to go back and forth once your 7 month old gets older. :) How I tought Sky was I got him to help me take care of him. I didn't yell at him when he was too rough, but I did intervene. I showed him the proper way to touch him and to play with him. I tried to make it a family thing to where both of them was getting my attention at the same time. Lets just say it doesn't end lol.. but does get so much better if you teach and guide him. :)
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 28, 2009