Should I let my ex see the children after 14 years?

My Ex walked out 14 years ago. I had to file a TRO on him after he started theatening me after he left.. Well he found me on my space and messaged me that he wants to see my 2 children. He never paid a dime in support. This is the first contact I had with him in 14 years. the kids are 15 and 17. They have mixed feelings. What would you do?

camitheavonlady

Asked by camitheavonlady at 1:05 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• well they are almost adults, they are old enough to decide for themselves if they want to see him. if they decide they do want to see him, i'd go with them for support and if they decide they don't want to be there they can leave immediately. i'd also tell him that i am leaving it up to the kids on how it goes and how long the visit lasts. and if one wants to but the other doesn't i'd be fine with that too.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• what is TRO?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I AGREE WITH THE 1ST COMMENT! YOUR CHILDREN ARE OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE DECISIONS FOR THIER SELVES! JUST GIVE THEM ALL THE SUPPORT THAT THEY WILL NEED.... I HOPE HE FEELS LIKE SHIT IF THEY SAY THEY DONT WANNA SEE HIM OR BE BOTHERED! GOOD LUCK
    jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 1:38 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'd also see an attorney and get the back child support your kids deserve....they may want it for college!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:39 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If it was me (as in being one of the kids) and hadn't seen my dad in that long. I'm not sure I'd want to see him either. Maybe writing back and forth first, if that would work for everybody. That might be an easier way to get to know him before just 'boom' and be right there, you know?
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• A TRO is a Temperary Restraining Order
    camitheavonlady

Answer by camitheavonlady at 8:19 AM on Aug. 28, 2009