Crazy Hormones???

I need some info from anyone that has been in my situation. I had a partial hysterectomy when I was 27 (uterus only) I still have my ovaries. I am 32 now and feel like I am loosing my mind most of the time. I have occasional night sweats, cant maintain a temp, Im either HOT or freezing to death, Im an emotional wreck for no great reason, I have NO patience, and no energy. I dont sleep well, and am really just wanting to get back to my 'old" self, though Im starting to wonder who that is. Is it possible that my hormones are completely out of whack? When I had my hysterectomy my doc told me I wouldnt need any hormones, but how about anyone else?

SuperMomof3kids

Asked by SuperMomof3kids at 1:08 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Health

• Have you been spying on me because you just described me. LOL.  You are going through menopause my dear.  I know it's early but a hysterectomy can cause menopause to happen prematurely.  Talk to your doctor and get your hormone levels checked.  I take vitamin B12 because it helps produce red blood cells and that helps a lot with fatigue.  I also take calcium and magnesium an hour before bed and that helps with the sleep issues.

PM me if you want more info.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Your ovaries will provide you with the estrogen your body needs so you don't need chemical hormones. You don't want those, they will make you crazy and gain like 20 lbs a week. I'm not kidding. My mother is one of three girls and apparently something is wrong in there reproductive area because they have all had hysterectomy's before 30. My mother is the only one who kept her ovaries and is currently the only one who is thin and not a depressed alcholic or a compulsive shopper. You might be going threw some type of menopause. You should really go see a doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• look up Donald Trumps new xitamin test to see what you may be missing in your diet, his new biz, seen on Oprah? i believe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• vitamin,sorry
    Anonymous

• Your ovaries will provide you with the estrogen your body needs so you don't need chemical hormones.    Not entirely accurate!   Sometimes the ovaries spontaneously shut down after a hysterectomy for reasons as of yet unknown to medical science.  You don't want those, they will make you crazy and gain like 20 lbs a week.  Again not entirely accurate. I'm taking estrogen and it doesn't make me crazy and I haven't gained any weight.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Try taking Black Cohosh and eating a serving of good soy (tofu, edamame, organic soymilk, etc.) every day.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:33 AM on Aug. 28, 2009