ok.. so im only 12 weeks pregnant, and this is my first pregnancy. For some reason, my selfesteem has been very low these last few weeks. I've never had selfesteem issues in the past, but lately i've felt so ugly, and un attractive. My boyfriend is always assuring me that this is not the case, but it is still how i feel. is there anything i can do to change the way i feel?

ash.loves.tone

Asked by ash.loves.tone at 1:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You can change the way you think. Your body is doing an incredible, beautiful thing. I have always loved the way the lines in a pregnant woman's body changes and the glow that she gets. The way she looks when she strokes her belly with pride. Hold your head high, there is NOTHING more beautiful than a happily pregnant woman.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:55 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• like the above post said you have to train yourself to see that you are doing something beautiful. will there be times you don't feel attractive yes, however pregnancy is still a thing of beauty and i've rarely seen a pregnant woman who wasn't attractive and if i didn't think she was it was b/c of the way she carried herself not the fact that she was pregnant ( i mean openly sexual w/random men etc...)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:03 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Hun let me tell you something.... Your body is the sexiest thing on the face of this planet to you boyfriend. I had the same issues when i was pregnant with my 5 month old daughter and this is what my SO told me: there is nothing sexier than you(being me) carrying our little girl. You(me) are giving life to what we created together, that is amazing. I think it's just in your head hun, just like it was in mine. Every pregnant woman is wonderful looking and wonderful in general for giving the gift of life. You are doing an amazing job hun, keep up the great work!! :)

P.S. If you still are thinking this about yourself, what i did was i went out and bought a flattering outfit for my preggo shape. I felt worlds better after!
    mommyschubbers

Answer by mommyschubbers at 3:10 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I think almost every pregnant woman goes through this, i know i did. Go have a spa day or get something nice done for yourself, it will help.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:17 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Aw. I feel for you. I felt like that 3 years in a row! There are a lot of times even now where I go through that. Then some days, I feel like the most confident woman on earth. I agree with vgiron though, do something nice for yourself. It always works. And remember to hug and kiss your man and tell him how much you love him for loving you the way you are!
    sugarmama01

Answer by sugarmama01 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2009