anyone else hurt your baby by mistake?

anyone else hurt your baby by mistake? my daughter got her fingers in the dishwasher when i opened to get something out and i didnt notice. then when i closed it she screamed. i fell so bad now i know it was a mistake but it breaks my heart to hear her cry because of me. nothing was broken or anything just a little mark that faded and a little red. i gave her a piece of cheese that seemed to take all the pain away lol. still feel like a bad mom whenever it happend like if only i was paying attention better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it happens, your not a bad mom. and its going to happen alot as your lil one starts getting more active and getting into things. Just got to double check to make sure that your lil one isn't in the way when you go to close something.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It happens and your not a bad momma just watch more careful and make sure there are not little fingers in the way.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:09 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• i slammed my daughters finger in a glass sliding door these things happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Well, I haven't, but my dad accidentally slammed the car's trunk on my head when I was 5-ish...it happens. He didn't realize I was looking into the trunk (dunno why I was..). Kids get in the way when you try to close things sometimes - doesn't make you a bad parent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• You are not a bad mom! I know that feeling though! I've done things like that a few times... never got her fingers in anything, but opened the door and hit her in the face type stuff! I felt horrible every time! Take it as a lesson is all you can do and remember you are a good parent because you didn't punish her or blame her and felt sympathy! We ALL make mistakes.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I can totally relate. When my first daughter was about 2 weeks old I was trimming her nails and caught a little of her skin and made her bleed. She cried for a minute and then she was fine but trust me when I say I was teary for MUCH longer. lol. The guilt is hard to take, but it was only an accident. You are def not a bad mama!!!!
    MamaApril2

Answer by MamaApril2 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I don't know how many times a banged her little head on the car getting her in and out of her convertible seat before I learned how to do it without hurting her. Poor kid!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• i shut my litte ones finger in a door when she was around 11months.i even picked her up and walked her across the living room and hurry and ran back to shut the door(shes a fast little thing) i completely shut the door,scared me,i woke hubby up who had to be to work at 3am and we took her to the er,nothing was broken(thank go)but her finger was completly smoshed together.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• The little music box fell out of the mirror in his play gym and hit him in the head when I was trying to move him. He cried. I felt awful. He forgave and forgot so quick. I think it ends up tormenting mom even more than baby. As awful as it sounds, maybe it makes them tougher in the long run. Life is full of little bumps and bruises.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2009