15 month old waking during the night

My dd is 15 months old and has been waking up at least 1 during the night and crying her head off! Its been going on for 3 wks now. Any suggestions? (she had an ear infection at the beginning and seems to have fallen into a patteren of waking!)

emilysmom401

Asked by emilysmom401 at 6:21 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hummm.....I am in the same situation with my 15mo. old son, but he is now waking up 2 or 3 times a night. It is hard for me to hear him cry. I think he is doing it stil because i respond as soon as he cries hard. I think the only way to get LO to sleep through the night is to let them self-soothe themselves back to sleep. It will be difficult for a couple of nights, but if we keep responding to them they will keep doing it. My son has done this sence he was born and personally i am t ired all the time!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It could be nightmares? My son has never been a great sleeper except for the past few months,.but he will still wake if he's teething or sick.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Thanks guys! I think I will just have to let her cry for a bit longer each time. I need to get some sleep too!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2009