I need some help..very important, mom's please help..

My fiancee wants to go on vacation next week. He has been talking about it for months and I've been blowing it off, now the time has come and he is serious about going. He wants to leave Thur and come back Mon. I don't know if i am able to leave our son for that long. He will be 2 in a few months and is very much attached to me. We do have babysitters both grandma's and my dad for night-time(we live with him, so my son is able to sleep in his own bed & be in the comfort of his own home, which when the grandma's have him, they plan to bring him back here so he is not as confused and upset. I thought maybe we could go on a smaller vacation leave early Fri morning and come back Mon afternoon, although im still not feeling really good about that either. We need a break, and I know he def. does he works and goes to school, but my question is would you mothers do it? Should I just go? Half of me is saying go, half is saying stay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He will be 2? Yes go and enjoy yourself . He will be taken care of.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 7:10 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If your son will be in capable hands, and it sounds as though he will, I would go. You don't get the opportunity very often as a parent to get away, just the two of you, and you should really take this vacation. That's my opinion.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:11 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I completely understand your dilemna. I have never left my kids that long! They have spent the night at their grandparents but I was in town. It's a tough decision, but it sounds like your son will have great care. Have fun - either way!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I would say go. The first time is always the hardest. If you would feel better leaving Fri morning then start with that.

Have a great time, he will be taken care of by people you trust and people he knows.

Good Luck and have fun
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• as long as you have a cell- phone he will be okay, but maybe make it shorter like 2 days tops. he is 2 so 2 days, or you may get depressed. Can he talk yet? if not he still needs you!
    muffin400

Answer by muffin400 at 7:23 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yes, you should go. Since your fiance has been talking about it for some time, he has given you fair notice. Go and have a good time. Be cheerful and show your fiance that you love him and care about him- I mean, don't brood over your little one. It will be an adventure for your child, and it will make your fiance understand that he (the fiance) is still very important to you and that you enjoy being around him.

Answer by Bmat at 7:26 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• By all means go! It will be good for you and good for your son, too! Sounds like he will be in capable hands that you trust! Have great time renewing your relationship!
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 8:26 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I know how you feel. It is hard to leave your child overnight, especially for the first time. I am going to the beach in a couple weeks for 4 nights as a girls weekend. My husband, a great father, will be staying home, but I am still sad to leave him for so long...BUT, I am going to. It will be special time for them to spend together and a good chance for me to get out for a little bit. My son is about the same age as yours, so I really know how you feel!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I don't want to sound mean, but reality check here! Other people are able to care for your child as well as you. He'll be happy and taken care of. Don't worry about him. He's a big boy and can survive a week without you. He'll be with people he knows so he won't be scared or upset. He probably won't notice you are gone until you get back.

THat being said, go enjoy yourself. It's not very often you'll get to go off without the kid and just enjoy your fiance. Just be smart about it and leave papers behind so that in case of emergencies, your parents are able to talk to the doctors and make medical decsisions if necessary. not usually needed, but you never know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I have the same problem. I can never leave my son. My sister told me the other night that I have to "let go" a little bit. I never ask anyone in my family to babysit - and if I do, Its after he's in bed and its when we go next door to the neighbors so they just need to come over and watch our house. I know its bad and my and my husband need to reconnect but mentally I can't seem to rid myself of guilt or think of my son crying for mommy. He's so routine and so attached to me. but I am also attached to him. I work FT during the week so I really only get 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours each night besides my weekends so I don't even want to leave him. He will be 2 in Nov also.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 28, 2009