Do you let your teens tan in a salon?

To be honest, I think it's irresponsible and just plain stupid, but did you know it can also be deadly?

Fake tanning boothes are dangerous, the sun in general is dangerous, why would anyone want it CONCENTRATED onto their flesh??

I read this story this morning which reminded me of CafeMom for some reason..

Input?
http://www.lemondrop.com/2009/08/27/i-survived-malignant-melanoma/?icid=main|main|dl8|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lemondrop.com%2F2009%2F08%2F27%2Fi-survived-malignant-melanoma%2F

gabrielle_x

Asked by gabrielle_x at 7:15 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Ah, I was going to ask if you were nuts. I live in FL, so we have enough sun right outside. We wear sunscreen most of the year if we're outside for any length of time. Never been to a tanning place.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I would never allow my child in a tanning booth(granted I have a boy, so it probably won't be as big an issue).
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 3:19 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Nope, but they tan naturally, so a little play time outside turns 'em toasty brown.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• You are right, tanning booths are deadly. I just lost my 25 year old friend to melanoma caused because she spent quite a bit of time visiting tanning booths for years. I would never let my daughters go to one of those places. We wear sunscreen outside along with hats.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 6:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'll tell everyone what I tell my girls (9 &16). You want a tan, get off the couch and go outside! We live in Florida and I refuse to pay for what nature gives us for free!
    bracketrat

Answer by bracketrat at 12:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2009