Is anyones else unemployed husband getting on their nerves?

My husband went through two layoffs in the last two years. The first one wasn't so bad he already had another job lined up. This second one he decided to go back to school and he is always home now and driving me crazy. We do not have money for him to go out with his friends and he refuses to look for men as friends that are in the same situation as him. He does nothing around the house and when he does its usually only half done and I still end up doing most of the house work. I've tried to get him involved in community work, which he did all the time while he was working, but he just doesn't. I am at my wits end.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• bad situation i agree. in my mind, man was created to work. a man needs a job. sometimes, men associate their jobs with their meaningfullness or worthiness and when the job goes away so does their feelings of self worth. further degradation at home by a nagging or critical wife will only perpetuate those feelings. especially requesting him to do house work if he had never done it before.
    in no way am i saying that you are doing these things, what i am saying is, is that it is very easy for a woman to fall into this routine when she herself has deep rooted resentment for a man that loses his job when afterall it is his responsibility to provide for his family.

basically, women want their men to provide and men need jobs to feel worthy. when the job is gone the relationship falls into this routine sometimes of self defeat and resentment.
    start building him up and thanking him for what he does do, and cont. to do your part.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:27 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• try snagajob.com that will keep him busy!
    also maybe he could help with mowing the lawn and repairs while he is off, make the most of your alone time, could be worse, could be the other way. sending prayers- for us both, look into trumps new online business! my husband wants a better job too!
    muffin400

Answer by muffin400 at 7:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• if you want I can add you to my friends list? send me a message?
    muffin400

Answer by muffin400 at 7:34 AM on Aug. 28, 2009