Who is accurate? HOW are we paying for ObamaCare? Has anyone received a straight detailed factual answer?

Please share details, links, etc. Here is what I have so far. Truly mind spinning.
~~
Rep. Betsy Markey[D-CO] told a gathering of constituents in Fort Collins on Wednesday.
~Some people, including Medicare recipients, will have to give up some current benefits to truly reform the nation’s health-care system.
...“There’s going to be some people who are going to have to give up some things, honestly, for all of this to work,” Markey said at a Congress on Your Corner event at CSU. “But we have to do this because we’re Americans.”

~~
But, WAIT?! The Obama Admin. said that was a myth.~ ""It's a myth that health insurance reform would be financed by cutting Medicare benefits."
But then Obama himself said, "eliminating . . . about $177 billion over 10 years" for "what's called Medicare Advantage."
Ohh and David Axelrod said, "It's a myth that health insurance reform would be financed by cutting Medicare benefits."

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:33 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• No one knows exactly There is the fact it will be cuts in regular services and medicare (cutting out Medicare advantage for one) and taxes, first on the wealthy ,then on everyone. They have been tossing around all kinds of taxes such as sin taxes on things with sugar in them and taxing your insurance policy plus having employers pay a tax. All in all, whatever it ends up being, it's only going to hurt the people they say they want to help.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:06 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Some one is stifling our freedom of speech on here.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I thought congress would have set those standards, seeing as how they decide funding. I was told by my congressman that they plan on setting new taxes to pay for it, paying for 4 years into a system that is not yet operational. I was told in rude terms by another CM that that wasn't true, but she is a know it all and seems to think the world of this administration, so I take her with a teeny tiny grain of salt.

The real task will being to get Americans to forget that our projected deficit is 2 TRILLION dollars more than they estimated (who can be that far off and not get fired?), so I think those numbers are scaring some into reality. We have no plan to pay for this, added to no money to pay for it. This should die on the Senate floor.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Anon :57, I was told by a CM member "in the know" that the government wasn't going to increases taxes to pay for HCR, and then "proved" this by saying the government hasn't decided how they will pay for it yet. The irony of that statement went right over her head. LOL

Here are the facts as I understand them:

They don't know the total cost
    They don't know how it will be funded
    They have stated there may be cuts to Medicare
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:21 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• This is one of those administration projects that they will jam through and then worry about how to pay for it after they totally wreck what people already have in place--which means NOBODY will have access to ANY healthcare, whether they have/had insurance or not. In addition all the health insurance companies will have ceased to exist, leaving thousands more people unemployed. People will start dying in the streets.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• People in Congress dont even know how we're going to pay for this.. We're just "wingin'" it! Cash for Clunkers was a big nasty failure. Only 2% of dealers have been paid. Imagine if this was our healthcare with all those doctors waiting to get paid. I smell bankruptcy.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:56 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'm still waiting to hear what the healthcare plan is going to pay for. We don't know how to pay for it, but even more, we don't even know if it's worth paying for in the first place.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:04 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Maybe the pregnant teenager on the other question can explain how we will pay for this. LOL
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:21 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• While I don't find it sneaky, just business as usual, that is the reason I don't support the bill. I think we allneed healthcare, period. But, this Bill hasn't really outlined anything specific, and different senators/reps say different things.

If they want me to be behind it, they need to break it down in a check box with absolute specifics.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:45 AM on Aug. 28, 2009