Why do Christians

Feel like in a country, whose platform is freedom of religion, they get "special" rights??

Why are laws EVER based off of Christian biased logic?

Why can't Christians understand that the United States of America AREN'T ONLY ABOUT THEM.

I'm a firm believer in Christ with a firm disbelief of organized religion and at least I can recognize common sense.

Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, ATHIESTS all live in this country, it is not only you.

So if something is going on the air, like a 24 hour Athiest talk station, WELCOME TO AMERICA! Don't lobby against it because it hurts your feelings, and I suggest you remember all the toes you've walked on in your ignorant and hateful lives.

gabrielle_x

Asked by gabrielle_x at 7:33 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• you sound bitter,what happened in your life, pardon me if this is too nosey?
    muffin400

Answer by muffin400 at 7:38 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Why do you generalize? I'm a Christian and a supporter of the right to worship (or not) according to one's conscience.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:47 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Considering that our Constitution and Declaration of Independence are based on biblical principals, and our country has been run on Christian beliefs for hundreds of years, until recently of course and we all see what is happening all around us. This country should CONTINUE to be run on the biblical foundation it was started on. Our forefathers were deeply Christian men and women whom believed in the word of God so strongly they based our entire country on it. Now we are trying to take the ten commandments out of courtrooms, prayer time has been taken out of schools and ball games, and look around you, gangs are increasing their numbers and activity, kids are being abused at an astounding rate, parents are divorcing over stupid stuff, alcohol and drugs are overtaking our country, keep taking God out and watch the decline further. We should all be on our knees repenting and changing our ways or this country won't be worth
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:56 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• living in. We have been around for hundreds of years, I don't believe we will make another 50 before Jesus comes unless we change our ways. Does Sodom and Gomorra ring a bell with anyone?
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:57 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• As a Christian, I am highly offended by your generalizations here in this post. I am the complete polar opposite of the picture you have projected against Christians here, and most of my Christian friends are as well.

I'm sorry if someone has hurt your feelings here (I am assuming that's where this post is stemming from . . . ), but there's no reason to call out Christians as a whole. There are many, many ignorant people here on CM - and some of the most ignorant are the loudest - PLEASE don't become one of these people!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:02 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Wow Gabrielle : You sound as if you are generalizing the entire Christian community.

Dont you HATE it when someone does that to a group you are part of?

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:09 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Considering that our Constitution and Declaration of Independence are based on biblical principals, and our country has been run on Christian beliefs for hundreds of years

You might want to invest in a few history books
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Those principles are not just christian and most of them come from the Romans when they still believed in Zeus and Hera. Why do you think the language of law is Latin?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning..hope you have a better afternoon.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:39 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'm not saying that you don't have a point in there somewhere but it gets lost with your angry delivery...especially your last line.

And kustomkrochet, seriously. Crack a textbook.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 8:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2009