Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Custody question

Would it be legal for 2 parents to draw up a custody and visitation agreement and have it noterized instead of going through lawyers and court? My ex and I can not afford lawyers or court but we want a legal agreement that protects us both.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (3)
  • As long as it is filed with the court I don't see why not. Check with your county courthouse.

    Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:10 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

  • Yes you can have a custody agreement in writing and register it with the clerk of court.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

  • Absolutely! My friend and his ex did this. Like the other ladies have said, just file it with the court, and they usually have fee waivers so you don't have to pay for it. Just ask the court clerk.

    Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.