How to handle this situation....

A little background...I've been dating someone for 6 months now. At first everything started out pretty good, but then after a few months of dating he up and decided he didn't want a serious relationship right now. The thing was , we kept seeing each other just like we had before, nothing at all changed after he said that. We don't go out and do much anymore, we just hang at his house and watch tv. I want more, and I know he doesn't, so I want to break things off with him. I hope someday things will work out but right now I know it's for the best. He's been really crappy to me lately, and for the past few weeks I have done the calling and I have been the one putting forth the effort. I really wanted it to work. So last night I asked him to take me to a concert this weekend that I really wanted to go to and he didn't want to go. That was sort of my "straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. Should I call him..cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• and tell him that I want to end things or just not call him at all anymore, wait until he calls me (if he does) and then explain why I want to end things? I don't feel like I owe him anything because of the way he's been treating me, but I want to do the right thing too???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• call him and explian it to him like you did to us, I wouldnt waste my time with someone that dosnt want to be with me anyways ya know? good luck
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 8:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I would call him and end it whether he deserves it or not. In my oppinion that will just finalize things. If you wait until he calls, you may be tempted to see him again. I call these types of relationships toxic....Meaning they sound unhealthy. I am sorry you are going through such a hard time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I would never call him. It sounds like he's pretty much ready to end things and you've been the one pushing it. I don't think you owe him anything, and it doesn't sound like he's been putting any effort forth with the relationship lately. Go ahead and move on.

Answer by missanc at 8:39 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If you do decide to call him, it will be for closure for YOU. He ended things a while back when he told you he didn't want a relationship. Face it, he's just not that into you.
    Sorry you're going through this, it's painful. We've all been there.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• with your life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Just say to yourself and convince yourself that if he doesn't want you anymore then you want him even less. and move on with your life!
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:50 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I would NOT call him, he ended things a while back just like another poster said, he has been avoiding you hoping you would get the picture, forget him and move on...If he does call you, answer or dont answer..you owe him nothing. I think you just realized the relationship was over, I dont think you need to do anything, but if it will make you feel better and able to move forward with your life call him and tell him. That is really up to you and for you.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2009