Is there a time frame?

How long does it take someone to know if they want to be with you or not? If someone keeps saying "well I just don't know about us yet" after 6 months is it time to move on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes I would think it's time to move on. My Husband and I knew right off that it was right. You just know. It will just be harder the longer you wait. GL2U
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Move on. Fill your life without him. Date other people, enjoy a new activity, have fun and move on. You never know what will happen down the road - perhaps you will meet someone that will really deserve you, perhaps you gain perspective and will be happier with out him, or maybe he will come around. In any case, you will not be the one hanging on waiting for him. Best thing you can do for yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yes, 6 months is plenty of time to have gotten to know you and made up his mind. Move on and meet some new people.

Answer by missanc at 8:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• yep move on....it is not like you are asking for a wedding tomorrow. By would would you want to waste your time. Either you know you want a lifetime with that person or you don't.....if you are not sure then that means you don't

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• This is a hard one to answer.

My husband kept saying that after we met. I knew it was right, and I decided that I loved him enough to stay for however long he would keep me. He knew it was right, but he was terrified of getting hurt. It took him deploying for him to realize how much he loved me and how it was okay to open his heart.

So I don't know. Your situation might be different. I can't really say.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• if you love him then you will wait for him to make his mind....I have been with my boyfriend for almost two years and he still says the same thing. But I love him and am willing to stay with him no matter how long it takes for him to make up his mind. only you can decide whether you want to wait or not.
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 2:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2009