how long will it take for the stitches to dissolve? and when can i start using soap in that area.

They said only use warm water. So if I use the soap will it burn?

tremother23

Asked by tremother23 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as soon as i got home i took a hot shower and used soap.. didnt hurt me any..... i also used the squirt bottel they gave me a LOT cause the pain was terrible

my stiches didnt completly dissolve until about 12-16 weeks
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 8:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• stitches inside or from c section?

i had c section, stitches were covered with a mesh like bandaid and mesh came off by itself little by little over time, the glue stuff was on my skin for quite some time, the stitches were not removed, they were somehow inside and the outside ones did dissolve and after a while i scrubbed off the sticky glue stuff but i waited until i knew it was healed up. it healed up very well, no problems with stitches

as for inside stitches, i do not know
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 8:44 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'm talking bout the stitches by your vagina. And 12 to 16 weeks..wow that's pretty long. My friends dissolved in 2 to 3 weeks
    tremother23

Answer by tremother23 at 9:04 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• yeah it was a long time, but both times i ahd a LOT of stiches!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:45 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I had ALOT of stitches. It took about 8 weeks for mine to dissolve.
    I didn't use soap directly on my vagina for the first few weeks, just kind of around it becuase (tmi sorry) I was bleeding and oozing so much and my thighs and area were covered.
    You should try having a bath if you're able to sit, I did that on day 4 or 5 after I finally was able to use the toilet lol. and I felt so much better after.

Ugh I can remember those days after and thinking 'Why didn't anyone tell me about this part??'
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• lol baths were so painful for me.. i tore from hole to hole sorry and they didnt do the greatest job sewing me abck up.. thats why it took so long
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009