Why did you stop?

Did you stop having children because you felt your family was complete? Or because of another reason, such as infertility or finances?

mamatomy3boys

Asked by mamatomy3boys at 8:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Because I had no more bedrooms
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• because boyfriend has two, we have one together, three is enough and i am 44
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• lol i thought i would stop after 2, but i have 2 and still dont feel complete.. so we will try and have another
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 8:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I wanted to stop after my first, but the second surprised us. I just plain don't want any more kids. It's not about a complete family, or not. I don't want to go thru the pregnancy thing again. I don't want to go thru waking up every couple hours again. I don't want to go thru the baby being totally dependent on me again.

I love my boys, and I would do/give up anything for them. They are my whole world, but I just don't think I could do it again.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:46 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I wasn't sure I was done, but the husband decided to be a prick and have a vasectomy......of course he went on to cheat on me, so I guess that was his choice of protection. Douchbag.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:50 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My husband went and had a vasectomy. So unless I find a new husband and somehow become younger now, we're done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I would love to have another, but have health issues - so in the very unlikely event that they clear up in the next year or so we may have another. But for right now we're done to prevent any further stress on my body.

Answer by missanc at 9:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• i have one and that is all i want i dont like baby/clingy stage so once is enough for me!
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• because my youngest was a "surprise" I was on the pill when I got pregnant for him. And I was too old ( in my eyes) so I am way to old now. I am 45 I think it is time to stop ....lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Because I felt my family was complete. Theres something inside every mother that knows when shes feeling that sense of "completeness". After I had my 3rd baby, we had 2 girls and 1 boy and to the outside world, our family looked complete, but in my heart, I just sensed that someone was missing. I cant describe the feeling. So our 4th child, second son was born and thats when my completeness came. Now I am perfectly content and it feels as if all members are present and accounted for. Though I throw around the idea of having another baby, its just a thought and it passes quickly...LOL.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:30 AM on Aug. 28, 2009