Kidnapped Woman Found After 18 Years, What Do You Think?

I will post the link, but Im just curious what y'all think about this? I can't imagine living the way she did for 18 years. I mean, this became "normal" to her. What really got me is no one new she was in the backyard all that time, not even this creeps parole officer. Anyway, read fore yourselves and tell me what you think...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090828/ap_on_re_us/us_kidnapped_girl_found
I wasn't sure really what to post it under.

JustPlainOlMOM

Asked by JustPlainOlMOM at 8:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I also read this morning that neighbors had seen the kids in the backyard at times and reported it because they knew he was a registered sex offender. This is negligence on the state's side.

As for the young woman and the two children she had, I hope that they get the mental health help that they will need to integrate back into society. I am sure this will be a long difficult road for all of them, including the family she was ripped away from.

As for her kidnapper, he is sick. I heard a clip of him on the news last night saying 'people will find this a heartwarming story'. I don't think reality has visited him in a long, long time. Sick bastard and his equally sick wife.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:04 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It's so sad what happened to this woman.. however, i'm happy she is still alive! I hope she does well for herself in the future and can overcome this. <3
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:53 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Just absolutely horrible. I cannot believe it took the college campus official to report that he was with two little girls, but the neighbors said nothing. I don't think we should be nosy, but we should totally look out for each other.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:50 AM on Aug. 28, 2009