how should i get my lo off of her noopy?

well, i know that i'm already a little behind with getting her off of it in the first place(she's almost thirteen months) and she's pretty much off of it in the day time, it's just at night when i fall weak to it. i DO NOT want it to be a crutch so i'm trying to figure out a way to stop the noopy use and be able to get at least a few hours of sleep, help?

ilmilu00

Asked by ilmilu00 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is the noopy a pacifier?

If it is, cut the end off, about [ ] that much, yeah the amount between the spaces, do it to all of them, leave them all over the house, when she picks one up to put it in her mouth she will take it out and look at it,then throw it down and pick up the next one and do the same thing, she will throw it away herself... Cutting the end off just a little bit changes how it feels in their mouth and they dont like it. An old man told me about this when my son was about 11 months old, I thought he was crazy but didnt want to go thro the screaming that I did with my other two.. It worked wonders, he never picked one up again. If you have any questions feel free to PM me...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:10 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'll bite...what's a "noopy"?

No matter, I guess. If you want her to be off it, take it away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yeah, I have no clue what a noopy is...but just take it away. She may be upset, but she will get over it.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:15 AM on Aug. 28, 2009