sippy vs straw

my DD is 9 months old HATES sippy cups wecve been trying for 2 months...but she likes to drink from a straw can i just skip the sippy cup and go straight to a cup and straw?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sure!! when we grew up there were no sippy cups. I know it's not as conv. as sippy cups, especially when in the car and they want a drink. My youngest son(15mo) does not like certain ones, but will drink fron his 4yr, old brothers cups.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Absolutely! My DD hated sippy cups, too. It is really good for their mouth muscles and better for their teeth too! You can by no spill straw cups also. We have tried nearly every brand and like the Munchkin Straw Cup with the latch. It doesn't leak and come completely apart. Cleaning out the straws is no picnic. I wash everything in the dishwasher.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 9:34 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yep! She's drinking from a straw, go for it!! (and if she's on a bottle, get rid of them all now!!!)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My son has been on a straw cup since he was 5 months. He never wanted the sippy, so we got the nuby straw cups. They are great, and its also nice if we go out to eat he can drink from the kids cups so i don't even have to pack a sippy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• yes go ahead
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• That's what we did with my son. It doesn't cause any problems to skip a sippy. In fact, dentists prefer straws because it keeps the sugar in the drink behind the teeth for the most part. And sucking on the straw helps with speech because of the muscles it works.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:39 AM on Aug. 28, 2009