How do you leave someone you love for the good of your kids?

I was married for 13 years and just recently got divorced in 2007. I met a couple guys but they turned out to be loosers. Then I met the man im with now and he has 2 kids full time. I also have my daughter with me. We have been together for almost 2 years now and Im afraid that I need to break it off and go back to live in my hometown where my 15 year old daughter lives so I can live there an take care of her because my parets health is failing and I cant let them take care of her anymore. She refuses to live with me and my boyfriend. She has been making bad decisions lately and I dont know if i need to give up on the man and reationship that I love for her or do I leave and go to my daughter who hates me? Plus my semi-stepkids are rude, hatful, and disrespectful and mean to my daughter who lives with us. She hates it here. What do i do? He is the man of my dreams...most of the time!

confuzion101

Asked by confuzion101 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Your children should be your top priority. You should be raising her not your parents. You really need a reality check.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• You should had been thinking about your daughter first and foremost, now look how she's turned out, you asked I'm giving you an answer! You were/are with a man and helping raise his family in a different town when you already had a family(your daughter) who needed you more than he did or his braty kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Your daughter should be your focus right now. If she is having problems, you should drop everything and go to her. You shouldn't even be asking these questions... it's a no brainer. No man is ever more important than your child! She needs you now more than ever in these trying teen years, even if she doesn't say it. Did you ever think maybe she has some animocity toward you because you had left her there before? Maybe it's time to start to repair that.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:24 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Go for a change who knows you just might find someone in your hometown who could be the real man of your dreams sometimes better :) You and your daughter need to be around positive people...now if your teenage daughter gives you hell you better let her know who is boss up front...GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• There is a reason your dd hates you. Go fix it. There will be other men. There will never be another "her". Not to mention, your youngest dd doesn't need to be treated badly.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:01 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• the way you treat your kids is the way they will treat your grandchildren.I'd tell your guy that you do love him and that your daughter needs your help now.Maybe if you two just staynin touch(phone, computer....)It may not be over, just put on hold
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

i couldn't have said it better myself admckenzie...... put your kids first and yourself last, after all as a parent your children's happiness is your responsibility
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 5:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2009