Q and A on cafe mom..........

how come
if I ask a kid Question I can get a couple and Answers
but
if someone asked a heated Question dozens of people Answer

Is there another mom site where there are people who answer kid questions and not just questions like Is Kennedy's Death A Democratic Convience? and other stupid troll questions

This site is very odd, mom questions get very little attention and stupid ass question go to the popular catagory...WTF?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I sort of know how you feel. I have posted things that I feel are important to raising my child or my pregnancy and stuff like that, and I'm lucky if I get even a few responses (and this is within the groups I belong to that cater to these subjects).

It's kind of depressing especially when you see dumb topics that have like 10 pages or more of answers.

I do think it's because moms who come on here don't always want to be worrying about their kids. A lot of people come here for just some entertainment or down time...trying to find something to make them laugh. Which is great. I like the site for those reasons too, I just kind of wish it would balance out, you know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I don't know, I think a lot of people just look at the popular questions instead of the subgroups.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• omg i wonder the same thing... but u forgot to mention that when you do ask a child question 70% of the time you are in some way going to be bashed by them on here.
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• YES THERE IS!!!!! lol! I joined babycenter.com....you click on the community button and make a profile, there group names are almost identical to Cafemom, but there is NO drama its honestly amazing and I love it soo much, when I ask a question I gets lots of answers, and people arent rude and people dont bash and once again no drama!! I hate that about cafemom, some of the women on here can seriously be jerks
    Italiancouture7

Answer by Italiancouture7 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I also joined babycenter recently. I will ask numerous questions about my daughter but I will get no response but then I'll ask a dumb question and everyone responds. I would think cafemom would focus more on children then damn politics and Religion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I know what you mean, I love to answer questions on here, and I rarely ask a question but when I do it's a real good/serious question and no one answers! I've been wondering the same thing girl! And i don't ask or answer dumb questions!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If you don't like politics and/or religion, stay the hell out of the politics and religion sections, that's what those sections are for, so naturally that's what people are going to discuss in those sections. If you don't like CM totally, just go somewhere else you like better. Don't let the door hit yer ass on the way out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If you have kid questions, go to the kid area, if you want drama and trolls, go to just for fun.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:48 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I think it's becuae we don't always have the answer to kid questions and it's time consuming to go through all the questions. I just read the first page and come back later and do the same. Unless the question hits the popular, then sometimes I'll answer those. My guess, is others do this same thing so you won't see a lot of answers unless it's popular and then it's probably the same people reading certain categories or going back tot he same question to see responese.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Aug. 28, 2009