Menu Planner

I was wondering if anyone has a good template for a weekly dinner menu. I am a teacher and about to go back to school....just tryin to get everything organized:)

mrsarmykeith

Asked by mrsarmykeith at 9:49 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in

• I use index cards and list each day of the week along the left side of the card. Then I look at our family master calendar and figure which days the kids have activities and which days my DH has work obligations. Then I plan a main dish for each day -- choosing simpler, easier to cook meals for days when we have activities. I always plan a meal later in the week to serve leftovers. Then I take use my menu index card to compile a separate grocery list. I shop once a week for all meals for the week.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I have a typed list of dinners we like on my computer. before I grocery shop I pick out 5 dinners off the list, my dd usually tells me a few dinners she wants. I check home for ingredients and make my shopping list. I dont make stuff on a set day, just know I have everything i need for dinner tomorrow. If I get ground beef I brown it when I get home so week nights are easier. If it is a crockpot meal I put it all in pot before I go to bed andstick it in fridge. In the mornign I see the crockpot on the counter and slide in the insert and dinner is ready when I get home and dishes are done!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I use a calendar in excel. I do my meal plan (which now includes bagged lunches) 2 weeks at a time, before I go to the grocery store. I pick up fresh produce in between "big shopping"

Answer by rkoloms at 12:02 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Check out www.mealsmatter.org.  It's free to join and use, you can add your own recipes or use the site's recources, then once your menu plan is finished you can print out your plan and a grocery list!  I've used it for over a year and love it....it saves me SO much money and headaches because I know I'll have the ingredients on hand AND I don't have to think about what's for dinner!

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• One word, crockpot! It is the working moms magic wand. You can google all types of recipes for them, then come home to a home cooked meal after working all day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2009