Do you think water has the power to heal?

Waiting for their chance for a miracle, a line of people often stretches for over a mile on a dusty road in the little town of Tlacote, Mexico. More than 10,000 a day sometimes come to visit Jesus Chahin's well and to take away a can or two of the now-famous miracle water which is said to have cured everything from AIDS and cancer to obesity and high cholesterol.

After the miraculous healing well was discovered in Mexico, two more sources of healing water have been found. One is in Germany, 100 km east of Dusseldorf, the other is in the village of Nadana, 150 km north of Delhi, in India.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 10:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Water indeed has healing properties. Supernatural healing properties? No. When someone is healed when they've come into contact with water (or anything else), it is their faith that has set them free and because God chose to heal them in that way.

I also think that for many hypochondria, Psychosomatic illness and the placebo effect has something to do with it :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• With God all things are possible. Do not spend a dime on buying water though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• No, I don't. But I definately believe in the power of suggestion and the placebo effect. :)
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 10:23 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I think these people are actually healing themselves but not knowing that, are attributing it to the water. I guess if you believe in something so much, it will come true.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• DAMMIT jen, you beat me to it. I was going to blame it on the placebo effect as well. It's like my sleep apnea and my CPAP machine that treats it. I slept with it on for the first time last night, and now I feel more lively and awake today. No chance in a fiery made-up hell that it could have worked that fast. I'm probably just psyching myself out.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:30 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I believe in the power of GOD. Sometimes he uses different things. I think if they have faith that God will heal them, it does not matter if they drink the water or not, unless they feel led to.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• But some people have faith that the WATER will heal them- not God- and they DO end up healed, so it's not God doing anything, but their own minds.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:47 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IF THE EFFECT IS THE SAME. PEOPLE WILL PUT THEIR FAITH IN SUCH THINGS AND THAT IN ITSELF MAKES IT SO. AS LONG AS THE HEALING OCCURS WHY DOES IT MATTER WHERE IT COMES FROM?

Answer by older at 10:54 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I guess some people think that by putting your faith in something like that, it's almost worshiping a "false idol." I dunno.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:56 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Because, older, if there is no God, like I believe there isn't, people are selling their own powers short by contributing the miracle to a lie. I'd rather see people have the faith in themselves instead of makebelieve.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:08 AM on Aug. 28, 2009