Has anyone traveled to Dubai?

I'm interested in planing a trip to Dubai in the next couple years and I wanted to hear other peoples experiences. If you've been how did you like it, what did you do, where did you stay, and about how much did you spend on the whole trip? I was also wondering if any one knows if any resorts on "The World" islands are finished yet. Thanks. :)

michelle0228

Asked by michelle0228 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Travel

• no, but it sounds really cool!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:02 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• yeah there architecture is amazing and I've sen pics of the new "World Islands" and they are really neat. I'm just not sure when the resorts on "The World Islands"will be done and when I visit I want to stay on the islands for a while. But yeah Dubai is crazy you should Google the images and see what I mean.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 2:23 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• We met a great couple who were from Chicago but lived in Dubai. They live on the Palm. She said women are treated far better there than in Saudi and you don't have to be covered.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I have been there with my husband and 2 little kids and it was so much fun we want to go back someday. We were there for a short time about 4 days so I didnt take the time to learn about taking the public transportation. I wish I did instead of taking cabs everywhere. Make sure you see the burj al dubai and the water show by the mall of dubai is amazing. The Gold Souk area is a sight for the eyes-- so much jewelry. Most working class people in Dubai are Africans and Asians since the people of Dubai are rich and dont work labor jobs. Check into staying at the Hotel Jumeirah if your budget allows....its right on the beach and close to everything not to mention a gorgeous place.

Anonymous