Hair gel for babies? Lol

My husband has some Mexican in him and his hair doesn't lay down until it gets really long. Unfortunately, it passed to my daughter!! Her hair will lay down all the way around, except for the crown of her head, it's 2 inches long and sticks STRAIGHT up! I've tried baby oil, lotion, just about anything baby product I have thought of. It looks like she has messy bed head and I didn't take the time to brush her hair!! Lol, would it be safe to use hair gel when we go out?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 10:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I sell professional beauty supplies and hair gel is absolutely safe to use on a baby over 3 months old. You don't want anything too stiff, or her hair will look greasy. Try something with a medium hold, like Biolage Gelle or Redken Contour, these are both water soluble and easy to rinse out. My DS has crazy hair, and I have been using gel in it forever--so I feel your pain LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Hehe that's funny...Try a pomade. My son's hair is unmanagable Philip B Shinade.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I just let my son's hair stick up. I think it is super cute! But I am pretty sure there is a product for LO's hair. I used it on my oldest son. Try Sally's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• i use lotion... but im the same way, i thinks it adorable when my babyies heads are a lil messy lol this is the only age its going to be adorable to me =P
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 12:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• You could try Original Sprout Children's Hair Gel for Babies and Up. It is $9.99/bottle online. It's made especially for little ones so you can feel comfortable that it is safe for your LO.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2009