Planning a trip to the Bahamas...

We want to stay at an all inclusive resort, with lots of water sports.... jet skiing, snorkeling, parasailing... etc... Haven't decided which island to go to yet, and we dont have a million dollars to spend... any suggestions? Island suggestions and Resort suggestions appreciated!

dustinsmom0113

Asked by dustinsmom0113 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Travel

• Hi I would not suggest Jamacia, my DH and I went to Sandals there and it was not worth the money at ALL! St. Thomas is beautiful and the best Bahama vacation we ever went on was at Atlantis, it is pricey but we had the time of our lives there! Aruba is not in the Bahamas, but we enjoyed it very very much, and I was just looking on line and they have some great deals. Once a year my Dh and I take a beach vacation somewhere and our favorite for the money right now is Cabo San Lucas in Mexico, you can go for about half the price of the Bahamas due to the "Swine Flu" scare. Feel free to message me and I will give you any more info you want. We have been all over the Carribean, so if you tell me exactly what you want ie.. golf, partying, snorkeling, I can help you better! Kim
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:54 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• better go in the off season if you want top svae some money. If you go to Paradise Island in Nassau there is a great little restaurant with local food called the Bahamian kitchen. You are asking for a lot!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'm going on a cruise to the bahamas! I can tell you exactly wear to stay- Atlantis. Its THE place to be in the bahamas. Just google it. Its such a huge tourist spot that it has everything you could want to experience in the bahamas. I can't even list everything in that area. I think its Nassau? Check into it. Price wise...I mean, its the bahamas. We didn't have a ton to spend so we did the cruise. Its under 1200 for two of us for 5 days plus one day in FL including airfare and we get to see the bahamas without paying crazy hotel prices. We even get a shore excursion to Atlantis if we want, so we get the best of both worlds, price and fun. Just a thought!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2009