How can I make myself go into labor????

I started have some lovely back pain about 3 this morning one of my freinds said she had back labor for 2 weeks until she actually went into full blown labor I cant do that ugh........ any suggestion on some help to get this baby out lol Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The baby will come when it's ready, you're having a baby it's time to learn patience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• have sex. hard sex.

Answer by louise2 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• There is nothing you can do to speed things up (there are a lot of things you can do to distract and exhaust yourself like sex, walking, etc. But if your body is just preparing for labor and getting revved up they won't work).

If you have back pain, instead focus on relieving it. Hands and knees, good posture, sitting in a chair that doesn't put pressure on the spine.

If your baby is posterior that can put a lot of pressure on the spine. Go to http://www.spinning babies.com and they have techniques for helping to encourage the baby to move into a more favorable position with the babies spine to your left (or at least spine towards your belly button).
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:43 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I don't know every persons different.. It depends on how far along you are too I think. Some ladies try walking a lot, sex, even nipple stimulation. And I know that they really believe nipple stimulation works, because they made me try that in the hospital with my daughter when I was in labor to help me progress. Good luck it will be over with soon, and you'll be holding your baby=].
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 10:44 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I have patience I have a 3 year old my husband is leaving for work in 5 days and will be gone for a week just dont want him to be 6 hours away if the baby decides to come
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• walk and sex,, but if the baby is not ready it wont work.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:04 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• You don't *have* to have back labor, you can encourage baby to turn before labor starts to hopefully avoid it. But if you're not in labor yet it's hard to say. Is your baby posterior?
    You will not have your friends labor, promise (no two labors are the same!). But you can start working to have a better experience asap.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2009