When did you start teaching how to call 911 with your children?

Did they ever call for something they perceived to be an emergency, but was just them being in trouble? My sister once called because my other sister stole her favorite teddy bear and she couldn't find it. She was about 4 I think.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• 4. They teach it in preschool. None of them have ever dialed it- so far- hopefully they never have to or never do for something that's not an emergency, but I guess it's a fine line, know what I mean? You want them to be empowered, yet sometimes they mess up a little on what constitutes a true emergency when they are young!

SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 11:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I am thinking my son was about 3/4 when we did it. He never called either. He almost did once, but Daddy caught him. He had been running through the house in his socks and as Dad called for him to stop, he turned and slid like a madman across the hardwood. He bonked his head, but it wasn't anything serious. Dad went to get him some ice, and that was when he thought he was going to call
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I taught my son at 3 and he called the cops twice!! We had a very stern conversation and is has not happened again LOL! We also taught him how to put on Boomerang channel and I wish I never had, he sneaks down in the middle of the night to watch Tom and Jerry! Everytime he falls down or hurts himself he begs to call 911 LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My son is starting K I will be teaching him very soon.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2009