whats the best thing for cold sores?

i have tryed abreva and some other stuff but i can not get rid of these cold sores i have they seem like they are getting worse does anyone know a fast way to get rid of them? thanks

mememe27

Asked by mememe27 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Health

• valtrex is what i use...but to prevent them to begin with i use a chapstick with spf 45..i know that sounds crazy but i get cold sores when im in the sun alot or in the cold or wind..it really works..good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I used to get cold sores all the time, and started taking Lysine--you can buy it at GNC or any vitamin place, I have not had a cold sore in over 4 years. I used to use camphophinque , I am not sure how it is spelled, but that seemed to help heal them a little faster!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:34 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• thanks
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• The fastest way to get rid of them are prescriptions like Valtrex or Acyclovir. I've had cold sores since I was 9 years old and prescriptions definitely work the best.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2009