Pregnant-Can't gain weight..

I'm 32 1/2 weeks pregnant, 5'5 with a pre-pregnancy weight of like 117. I now weigh 136. The doctor keeps asking me questions about if I'm eating or not because Im not gaining fast enough for him.. I'm eating just not gaining. I have been under a lot of stress lately..

Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't start gaining until my 3rd trimester. As long as the baby is ok and growing like it's suppose to it doesn't matter how much weight you gain!
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Well it should be the stress causing you problems, I didn't gain any weight the first 3 months of my pregnancy, i actually lost weight and had bad morning sickness. But you just need to relax, when I'm stressed I just take a nice hot bath for hours and you will feel better.

katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 11:48 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• He said she was small for me being as far along as I am when he measured my stomach..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It is not uncommon for women to gain in spurts: 9 pounds one month, 1.5 pounds in another. If you're in tune with your body and eating/drinking to satisfy your needs, the weight is just something that can be measured.

There is a lot of weight gain variation between a 5'1" mom who has a 7lb baby and a 6'1" mom who has a 9lb baby... but doctors happily tell moms that there is an 'average' --which there is. It's the amount 1000 women gained divided by 1000. What's that got to do with the larger or smaller women of the world? Nothing...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• You have gained 20 pounds by 32 weeks, what is the problem? I dont get it! You will probably gain another 5 or so by the end of the pregnancy. I didnt gain a single pound with either of mine (I was 9 pound under with one and 11 pounds under with the other) and it was no big deal.

Get another doctor if he is that concerned! I dont get it! You have gained weight!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I haven't gained any weight either. My doctor is more concerned about my baby growing than my size.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 2:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2009