Sleep = Baby's Growth...

Is it tru that to help your baby grow you need to get as much rest as possible..? I am in my 8th month and compared to most pregnant women i only look like im 6 motnhs.. I have only gained 5 pds in the last month in a half.. .My dr didnt say anything but alot of ppl are telling me that my baby & I should be alot bigger by now.

Is this tru?

JaMelsMommy

Asked by JaMelsMommy at 11:50 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have the same problem, people around me tell me I'm so skinny and need to gain weight, they look at me as if something was wrong with the baby. But the Doctor said the baby is fine and healthy SO THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS. I too only gained 5 pounds last month and I'm 6 months pregnant.

katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 11:57 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• OK i dont feel so bad now.. I was starting to worry that maybe my doctor wasnt doing or paying attention to me as needed...I
    JaMelsMommy

Answer by JaMelsMommy at 12:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• You will be okay, people just think because your pregnant you automatic got to be 200 pounds and its not true.
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 12:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Lols.... So tru..Thanks.!!!! Its really crazy cuz in one breath they will tell me that im carrying this baby very well & then turn around & say that they thing i need to gain some weight cuz he is small...

But does how much u sleep go with how ur baby grows?
    JaMelsMommy

Answer by JaMelsMommy at 12:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'm not sure, I'm tired all the time and I hardly get any sleep and when I do I wake up because the baby kicks around too much. But congratulations I'm expecting a Boy too. You should check out this website " Baby-gaga.com " and find out more answers to your questions.

katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 12:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I don't think how much we sleep actually affects how the baby grows. I would ask your doctor the next time you go in. As far as weight gain I know I haven't even passed my prepregnancy weight by more than a few pounds and I'm 29 weeks. As long as the doctor is happy with where you and the baby are then I don't see a problem.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2009