Any tips on Thank-you cards?? (please help)

OK, so I'm finally about to sit down and write out my Thank-you cards for my baby shower. Anyone have any advice, some things to say? I know I should be detailed about the gift and make it personal. Anyone have some ideas about things I could say in them? I'm not good at things like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was doing some of mine this morning! I would make sure you point out something specific you like about a certain item you received. You don't have to list everything, 'cause I know some people got me so many little things, a simple Thank You card would turn into a short novel! So, my grandmother got me a whole pile of stuff, and I thanked her for all of it, but added that I especially loved the travel diaper kit she gave us, it will definitely come in handy while we'e out and about!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 12:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I always wrote, "Thank you so much for coming to my shower, I really appreciated you being there. Thank you also for the (blank). It was so adorable. It will really come in handy in a few months. We can't wait for you to meet (baby's name), we know she will love you!"
    I sort of ended up writing the same thing on all of them, but I think you really need to say something about what specifically they got you. I think people appreciate that.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I said things like...
    for an outfit.. "thank you so much for helping me celebrate my shower! I cant wait to see Jaydin in the cute blue overalls, I am sure he will look adorable. Thank you for your thoughtfulness in thinking about him"

for a toy "thank you so much for helping me celebrate my shower! Jaydin is going to love to play with his Winnie-the-Pooh rattle and hopefully it will help distract him so that mommy can get some housework done!"

for a bouncer/swing... "thank you so much for helping me celebrate my shower! I cant wait to use the bouncy seat (or swing) it is going to totally help us with Jaydin when we are unable to hold him"

Just things like that... mention them coming to the shower, mention the gift and how it will be used and if you know the baby's name... mention it to
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:02 PM on Aug. 28, 2009