Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im not sure where to find info about this..

My SO and I want to get married. We have planned on him adopting my daughter when we are married. Do you know what is involved in this or where I can look for info about it?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (5)
  • depends on the situation of the real father...if hes on the birth cert i BELIEVE (not certain) he has to give permission for his child to be adopted....otherwise go through the court...they can give you any information you might need to do this.

    Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

  • search for a legalaid site for your state.

    Answer by atlshine at 12:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

  • Blueeyedgrl2377 is absolutely correct. You have to get permission for the biological father. Once you have his consent, you can then also change it on the birth certificate. But remember, the original birth certificate isn't destroyed, just locked away.

    Answer by ybmom335 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

  • the biological father isnt on the birth certificate

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

  • i think your fine then...just have to go through the courts to have his adoption legal...not sure if diff states have diff rules though...

    Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Just for Fun

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Anyone used Nipple Shields?