i am 39yearsold can i still have one more baby i hope

and we want to concieve a boy do you have any suggets am i to old to have one more baby i am 39 yearsold

tracy830

Asked by tracy830 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No you aren't too old.
    They will label you as "advanced maternal age" with no regard for your state of health as if you should be signing up for your first walker; so be prepared to have them try to scare you. Don't listen. Do your research and don't succumb to a thousand unnecessary tests just because they say so.

If you have a pre-existing medical condition -- do pay extra attention. But if you are healthy and eat well and get exercise, you are just as likely to have a good labor and birth as someone who is 25.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Hey I had DS at 38, as far as knowing how to get a boy, well that is something I guess you just pray for LOL! Better hurry up though! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I sure as heck wouldn't do it lol. I love the freedom of having a 10 and 16 year old.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• you're not too old....I had my last 2 daughters (second marriage) at 38 and 40....I'll probably be the oldest Mom at kindergarten but oh well...they're fun....good luck..
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• i don't think you're too old at all. but if you aren't married you need to choose the partner wisely. i was told that while a woman's eggs never go bad, the older a man gets the more the likelihood of his sperm being bad. meaning he can give the baby birth defects such as down syndome etc. so men over a certain age shouldnt reproduce any longer because the chances of having a healthy baby are numbered. and they need to think about that before they breed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'm 39 gigving birth in a month :) the sex of the baby is up to god
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• What:? You're barely old enough to have any kids in the first place! **grin**

39 isn't even a worry. Heck, my grandmother was giving birth as late as age 41!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If you still have a monthly you can still have a baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2009