is thid wrong for me to think this way...

my brother who is in his 40's been in prison for 12 yrs, and out for a little over a yr. he has stole 3 vehicales and 2 of them dropped charges. now he got caught late last night, and now he is in jail. i am so glad he got caught. he has had my mom on pins and needles since all his drama. my mother only has 3-6 months to live and he pulls this crap. he is going to be in there for the rest of his life now. he has 4 warrent on him 1-steeling the truck 2- violation of probation 3-not attending his aa classes 4- trying to run over his bio father with the truck. i'm so glad that it's over and only want my mom not to be stressed. so is it bad for me to feel this way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• If I were in your same situation, I would probably feel the same way. It is hard to be around people who have such destructive habits. Now, you won't have to worry about him on the streets anymore. However, do not think that this will relieve your mother's stress. Her son is in jail, and she might feel that she has something to do with it. She might be thinking that if only she did something different then he might have turned out differently. You might want to talk to your mom about this. See how she feels. And let her rest in peace knowing that some people are just going to do wrong. I hope you don't forget about him just because he did not follow the straight and narrow. It might help him to realize that he is still loved after all he has done wrong. If you're religious, just think of it this way, "God would not give up on us, so we should not give up on our brothers or sister." Good luck with everything.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Nope you have to face the facts. It is good he is off the streets...your brother or not he is making bad choices and Im sure you are tired of the drama.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• No, it isnt bad...... its how you feel. You are perfectly ok to think that you are glad its all over with. Your brother made the choices he made, not you, and I would be glad it was all over with too if it were me. You feel how you feel, emotions arent exactly something we can change. :) Now, just hope dear brother learns his lesson......but sometimes they just dont.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I agree with the others, your mom needs to enjoy what time she has here and doesn't need the added stress. It's to bad that your brother couldn't have tried to stay out of trouble...so that your mom could have been proud of him and felt peace knowing that her son straightened out. Anyway, your not wrong for feeling the way you do, sometimes it's better that their behind bars...because it could always get worse he could end up dead himself or kill someone else. Shit happens all the time, especially when you put your self in those kinds of situations.

geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 12:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It might be how he is dealing with mom's condition. Many ppl can't stand to see their strong parents in a weakened condition so perhaps he got in trouble to be sent away and deal with her potential demise in his own way. I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying that sometimes ppl prefer to remember parents as strong and healthy and stay in denial about death. Just love him. Don't judge him.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I think you are just being realistic.and you want your mom to have less stess to enjoy the time she has left.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• NO you are not wrong I think it is a relief atleast you and your mom know he'll be ok in jail it might not be the best place but hey it will keep him out of trouble. I bet your mom feels relieved deep inside instead of him being out in the streets roaming around getting into trouble. GL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009