why does my 7 month old not want his solid food anymore?

my DS has been eating solids for about 3 months now....but the last couple of days he does not want to eat his cereal/veggies/fruit! idk what to do. has anyone had this happen with their infant?

smb87

Asked by smb87 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Time to try finger and table foods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• table foods? what kind of table foods?
    side note: he doesn't have any teeth yet....
    smb87

Answer by smb87 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Teeth don't matter. You don't chew with your front teeth anyway.

If you can mash it between your tongue and the roof of your mouth, he can gum it and eat it. Just fix him a plate of whatever you're eating and let him have at it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• He may be teething or coming down with something...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• A baby without teeth shouldn't be on solids. Him passing up the solids isn't a bad thing. His primary source of nutrition should be coming from breastmilk anyway. So don't worry, It's not a problem. Just a slight change that's actually for the better.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• he might be bored with the food or if he has recently reached a milestone, he might want to explore his world more instead of sit still and eat! try introducing a new texture like chunkier foods, or try some finger foods! (banana slices, pancakes, sweet potato fries, just to name a few). and like jus1jess mentioned, dont worry too much about this since the main source of nutrition still needs to be breastmilk/formula and solids are just for practice and food allergy testing. if he eats just a little bit and refuses the rest, at least he tried it!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Mine daughter did that at 7 months it was driving me nuts she would whine cause she didn't want it but I heard it was normal it seems to happen at 7 months. Yours will grow out of it and will start to eat again. they just go through those stages dont' worry. I think mine lasted about week or two then she started getting interested again. One thing I did do was tried getting her to do more finger foods and she would actually eat that or to try more off my plate she would do that to but if I took her food and made it seem like it was coming off my plate she would take it at times to. Be patient I'm sure yours will want to eat more solids soon. It could be teething thats what we thought with mine but no teeth came out until she was 8 months so who knows, she is 9 months now and love to eat solids. Things will be fine....
    LaitonLysette

Answer by LaitonLysette at 1:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2009