How can I potty train my daughter she just turned 3?

She sits on the potty but as soon as she feels the pee getting ready to come out she stands up and says "mommy put my diaper back on"

Destany22

Asked by Destany22 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Kids' Health

• put girl panties on her for a few days...save the diapers or pullups for bedtime or when you go out. she wont like the feel of the wet soggy panties...its not fun but she will get the idea!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Or you could wait, let her explore the subject and when she's ready she'll learn.

"Toilet Learning" has an interesting and horrifying history of how children have been potty trained throughtout western history, and compared to the more natural, laid back methods used throughout the world.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I am not "there" yet...but a few moms I know did this around their child's 2nd birthday...and it worked: It's still summer...just get rid of the diapers! Give her a weekend naked and show her the potty. If she grosses herself out, it might help! You have to deal with it ...and you might need to get the carpet cleaned..but it's worth it if it works.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My DD is potty taining as well, I know she gets it down but its on my half I have to remind her! She is good with it but you should just do with the top to ladies said!
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 1:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2009