SAHMs to toddlers?

What do you do during the day? Do you go anywhere?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i clean, cook, play with my daughter, sit on the computer for awhile, feed myself and my daughter, give her baths and the dog a bath, and i only go somewhere when husband is home
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• i clean, cook, play with my daughter, computer, feed daughter and myself, play in the back yard with the puppy and daughter, we live close to the beach so sometimes well go play at the beach, or to the park down the street, whatever we want to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• my SD just turned 3 and will be starting preschool soon. during her time as a toddler, we did a lot at home together- watched a movie in the morning, usually, then cleaned house to some music. the afternoons are when we'd go somewhere. we went to feed the geese at the park a lot, or went to the playground. took long walks. spent a couple hours at the jump places (like jumpin' joey's) from time to time. also, we'd go on 'adventures'. loke maybe going to the humane society to play with dogs, or heading to party city, where we'd look at everything, and then i'd let her pick some stickers or candy.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• i clean up a bit, cook some. We go to playgroup once a week. I think we're going to go have lunch with my oldest a school once a week. Or once every two weeks. We're still trying to find things to do and things we can afford to do. i want to put her in a dance class or something but we can't really afford it right now. Some days we go to the library. Sometimes she watches a movie - she loves The Swan Princess. We just do whatever. Once I start getting used to my oldest being gone, I think my youngest and I will find more things to do around town. But oldest DD gets jealous easily so it can't be anything too fun!
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My little one isn't quite there yet, but when my older ones were little we did something every day. There's the library for storytime, Michael's for craft time, MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers), the mall (either to walk through to look, or pack a lunch and eat at the outside tables and let them splash in the fountains), there's countless parks around here with playgrounds or lakes to feed the ducks/fishes/turtles, ride bikes (I have a bike seat, but only good for one child), yoga/aerobics classes at my church (they provide childcare for an extra $2/child). We were always busy!

Answer by missanc at 1:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My son is 2 and I try to get out and do something with him every day. That might be going to a playground (I've scouted out all the local ones), go to the mall (one of our local ones has a playarea for toddlers but we also look around, find shapes, colors, etc. It also gives me time to let him practice walking with me outside the stroller without him taking off into a street!). Llike the other mothers, we joined a playgroup which meets every other week and I try to set up playdates as much for my sanity as his enjoyment. We also spend a fair amoutn of time going for short walks in the neighboorhood and playing outside.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I stay in the house all day long, I cant walk anywhere, i have hip pain ( 7 mnth pregnant) I read text book, BS on cafe mom & read news from around the country, Im really boring
    NiekaC

Answer by NiekaC at 2:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• we dont go many places, its kinda nice to me, but my DD gets bored of the house. but shes only 14 months, so she deals with it haha. about once a week we go to the grocery store. we have a little park around the corner from our house and if it ever cools off we will start going in the late afternoons. also, my mom takes my DD to story time at the library every Tuesday.

i spend a lot of time working on getting our house put together. we moved in in June but we are far from "moved in" haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My DD is 22 months old. It's all about her right now, and boy am I tired. We get up at 7:30 (6 today) have milk and coffee in my bed, go down for breakfast, watch Sesame, and clean the kitchen.
    Then she reads her books while I shower ,we get dressed and play outside or in, go out and do errands or have a playdate.
    Lunch at home, some more play, like sidewalk chalk or ball outside, then naptime. That's when I get on CafeMom, do laundry, clean the bathrooms, sweep, mop, defrost meat for dinner, get the mail, straighten up her toys and make any phone calls I need to.
    When she wakes up I change her and get her into a clean outfit, get some milk and a snack for her and hope my Dh comes home on time to spell me and feed her dinner so I can watch the nat'l news and not feel like such a drone.
    If not, I feed her dinner, play some more, maybe turn on the music and dance around, bathtime, story time, bed time 8 pm. THEN I make dinner !
    Ems629

Answer by Ems629 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• In the morning we have a mommy and me class on Mon., Tuesday we have liberary toddler group, Wed. we go to the Y and she plays while I work out, Thursday play group, Friday the y agian. Same with Sat. except her sister comes too. Sunday church and the liberary for my 4 year old to get new bedtime reading. I can't be a SAHM and stay home all day, I get depressed. We spend the afternoons chorse, going out back, watching cartoons, napping.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2009