Potty training help

My boy just turned 3 and is pretty much potty trained, he washes his hands, wipes, flushes, the only problem he has is that when he has to go he yells Mommy I have to go potty and will stand there and hold it till I tell him to go, then he says ok and will do it, but how do I get him to go without him wanting my permission.

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 12:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• hhhmmm... have you sat down and talked to him? With me its opposite, I don't want my son to go by himself, personal choice. :) Maybe you can make it a game? See how many times you can surprise mommy with going potty like a big boy kind of thing? And, even if you do know lol.. let him think you have no clue. I hope you find out a way!
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• How do you train your kids to potty train. I have a 2 about to be 3 yr old daughter who will not go into the potty. When I tell her to pee pee in the potty she tells me NO. :{ What do I do?
    TheBeatitudes

Answer by TheBeatitudes at 12:01 AM on Aug. 29, 2009