11 Yr old Girl - Bday gift

I need help trying to determine what a 11 yr old girl would like for her birthday. Does anybody have a daughter around this age that could assist me? Let me say, absolutely NO HANNAH MONTANNA!! Our family does not like her at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Is she a "girly" girl? What about a gift certificate for a manicure? When I was around that age I desperately wanted to do more "grown up" things.
    She'll feel like a lady! : )
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• How about a box full of little things, like special shampoo, body wash, nailpolish, a new brush, lip gloss, hair ties, new socks, a magazine, journal, new pen, ...that sorta thing. I got a present like this when I was 12 I think and I loved it!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Gift card: Claires, Target, Old Navy

Answer by rkoloms at 1:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I just got my daughter an IPod, but I'm not sure how much you want to spend
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• gift card to her favorite store, arts and crafts supplies if she's into that, movie theatre gift card or skating or bowling whatever she may be into, books, a camera and photo albums or frames or scrapbook to start, a day to shop and do lunch maybe. Is she into collecting things? Think tweens are the toughest to buy for!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 6:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I got a laptop when I was 11 depending on how much you want to spend. Um maybe take her to get a manicure and pedicure to make her feel like a lady like the first answer said.
    Coolmommy1

Answer by Coolmommy1 at 5:46 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My daughter Isabel is 11. She wanted heelys, those shoes with wheels in the heels...so I got her some. My younger daughter, Amber, will be ten in Oct, and she wants an mp3 player. They are very inexpensive, some around 25 or 30 bucks. Also easier not to ruin like cds are.
    Does she have her own room? Maybe you could give her a room makeover, within reason of course. paint and get her a new bed set, lamps rugs, curtains, that sort of thing. She might love that.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• my daughter is turning 12 and she is very into MUSIC and DVD's.............so if you know of any favorite bands or favorite movies that's a good place to start. Also Gift cards to some local favorite stores or even to a movie theater. if she has an Ipod you can get I tunes cards so she can buy music for it. Books, or a GC to a bookstore is also a good idea. Also there are lots of great video games out there if they have a specific gamily system at home (IE - xbox, Wii). Some girls are really into arts and crafts at this age....a learning to knit or crochet kit could be goo. Or a manicure set with some funky nail polishes. Hope any of this was helpful!
    JustGail

Answer by JustGail at 9:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2009