Bi-racial vs homosexual today?

50 yrs ago Bi-racial relationships were against the laws and against the church. At this point in history gay relationships are fighting the same struggles that African americans and Whites once fought. Is there any diffrence between what happened back then and the political social battle that is happening now? Thoughts?

Darlinree

Asked by Darlinree at 12:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I see no difference between types of discrimination... Fact is it's all wrong. And as imperfect people none of us have the right to make choices for others... I don't really care who you love, what they believe, what color they are or what kind of equipment they come with... As long as you love and care for each other - Go for it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Why does Bi-Racial automatically assume you are mixed black white?

HELLO, those are only 2 races in a world of many.

Mixed Asian/Caucasian here. It really pisses me off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• You have a valid point with that ANON. In America the big issue was between those two specific races that is why I posted the question as such.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 1:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE, AND THIS IS ONE EXAMPLE THAT EVENTUALLY GAY RELATIONSHIPS WILL WIN THE BATTLE JUST LIKE AFRICAN AMERICANS DID. IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I AM SORRY MY COMPUTER HAS A REAL SENSITIVE CRAZY MOUSE THE COMMENT ABOVE IS MINE!

Answer by older at 1:33 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I'm Hispanic/white & my DH is Native American white. Don't assume everything is AWAYA about black & white
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Battles may be won as you think.. but the ultimate war God wins.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• SHANE, I DO BELEIVE THAT GOD IS ALWAYS IN CONTROL

Answer by older at 1:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• When did churches say interracial marriage was a sin? You say "50 yrs ago Bi-racial relationships were against the laws and against the church." Give some proof as to your statement.
    And, I as you OP, why don't you ask your parents and grandparents that question. They were here 50 years ago, now weren't they?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• OP needs to ask her grandparents why they were prejudice against mixed relationships. Why is she asking the Christians here for an explanation to what her grandparents, and their generation did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2009